Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get in touch with former classmates?
A: First, try the on-line directory. If the people you are looking for are not listed, you may contact our Alumni Records office, 607.871.2144, and ask if we have information available.  If we have it, we will get in touch with the people you are seeking, tell them that you’re interested in hearing from them, and then give them the information to contact you. 

One of the agreements we make with you when you share your information with us is that we will respect your right to privacy. We don’t sell our lists to anyone, nor do we provide information directly to anyone. We let you make the contact, rather than release your information to anyone who requests.

If you need a list of names and addresses, we ask that you contact the Alumni Records office and fill out a form stating why you need the names. Again, that’s to protect our alumni from having their directory information inappropriately used.

Q: How do I order a transcript?
A: You may order an official transcript online, in person, by mail or by fax. Visit the Registrar's page for details.

For further information, contact the Registrar's Office: 607.871.2123

Q: What services are available to alumni through the Career Development Center?
A: Career Development Center services to alumni include:

  • Free access to Handshake and other job search resources such as employer and alumni contacts
  • Admission to special events (career and graduate school fairs, networking receptions, etc.)
  • Career counseling services (includes career testing and assessment tools and advising for career-changers)
  • Letters of reciprocity
  • Credential file service
  • Assistance with salary negotiation, resume and cover letter critiques, graduate school information, etc.

To contact the Career Development Center, you may call 607.871.2164.

Q: How do I update my alumni record?
A: If you’ve gotten married, had a new baby, gotten a new job or been promoted, moved, or changed your email address or telephone number, contact via email or call 607.871.2144. You may also update your profile on line.

Q: How do I submit a class note?
A: If you have news to share, contact the Office of Communications at 607.871.2103 or via email.

Q: How do I get in touch with one of my former professors?
A: If the professor is still on the faculty at Alfred University, check our People directory on-line.  Some former faculty members are in our alumni database as well.  Check with University Relations, 607.871.2144, to see if the person you are looking for is on file.

Q: How do I make a gift to Alfred University?
A: To make an Annual Fund gift, please call the Alumni and Community Relations office, 607.871.2144, send an email or visit our on-line giving page.

If you are interested in a bequest to Alfred University, or in some other form of planned giving, please contact Director of Planned Giving, at 607.871.2144. 

Q. How can I help Alfred University?
A: Lots of ways. See Volunteer Opportunities.