In partnership with Credentials eScrip-Safe®, Alfred University offers 24/7 online transcript ordering through Transcripts on Demand™. Transcripts ordered online are delivered either electronically or by first-class US mail. Through electronic delivery an official transcript can be sent anywhere in the world in a secure PDF format. Online ordering with electronic delivery provides the fastest possible delivery of an official transcript. (Note: If you attended AU prior to August 1973, electronic transcript delivery is not available.)
Regardless of how a transcript is ordered or sent, all transcript requests are fulfilled by the AU Registrar's Office. If you have any "holds" on your account that prevent the release of a transcript, your request will not be processed until the hold is removed. If a transcript hold is not removed within 30 days, the transcript request is cancelled.
Transcripts are provided free of charge as a service to students and alumni. However, when a transcript is ordered online using Transcripts on Demand, a $3.00 fee is assessed for the convenience of 24/7 online ordering per "unique transcript order," payable by credit/debit card. (Multiple copies sent to the same address constitute just one unique order.) The cost of express delivery of a paper transcript must be paid in advance by the requestor.
Transcripts show all work completed at Alfred University, undergraduate and graduate, and all transcripts Issued by the Registrar are official. Current students can view/print an unofficial transcript by logging on to AU BannerWeb. Select from the menu: Student Services/Student Records/Academic Transcript.
How to Order an Official Transcript Online:
- Navigate to Transcripts on Demand
- First-time users should select Sign Up to create an account and then submit a signed consent form electronically, by fax to 847.716.3710 or by mail (the form and instructions for submission are provided)
- Returning users should login using their email address and password
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to place an online transcript order
If you need help, see the Transcripts on Demand Frequently Asked Questions. If more help is needed, contact Credentials eScrip-Safe® by email or call 847.716.3805.
How to order an Official Transcript in the Traditional Way:
Submit a written and signed Transcript Request form by one of these methods:
- In person at the Student Service Center in Seidlin Hall 111
- By mail to Registrar, Alfred University, One Saxon Drive, Alfred, NY 14802
- By fax to 607.871.2347
- By scanning and then attaching a completed and signed transcript request form to an e-mail sent to email@example.com.
- Date of request
- Current Name (first, middle initial, last,)
- Name at the time of attendance at AU (if different)
- AU ID# or, optionally, Social Security number
- Date of graduation or dates of attendance
- Current address
- Name and complete mailing address/email address to which the transcript is to be sent
- Indication of how the transcript should be sent (electronically or by US Mail)
- Your signature (required)
Because of our concern for the right to privacy of students and former students—and to remain in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act—we cannot take transcript requests over the phone or by e-mail (except when a written and signed transcript request is sent to us as an e-mail attachment, as described above), and we cannot fax or e-mail your transcript. If a transcript is needed quickly, request an electronic transcript or express (overnight) delivery of a paper transcript.
Please do not send your Social Security number to us by e-mail. If we do not have your SSN and need it to positively identify a record, we will request it of you. You may fax it to us safely or send it by US Mail.
Direct questions about transcripts or transcript requests to the Registrar's Office: 607.871.2123