WILD about Alfred formed in the spring of 2011 to make the most of Alfred's unique physical setting in Western New York. Our job is to get you outside to experience our gorgeous location and have fun in the outdoors with your friends, professors and staff. Stay up to date with WILD events and photos on our Facebook page!
WILD-ness all around us
- Pine Hill Trails - right in our backyard, suitable for hiking, trail running and mountain biking. topo map.
- Equestrian Center trails - topo map.
- Foster Lake
- Phillips Creek State Land and Recreational Area
- Sugar Shack - making delicious syrup each spring at Joel's House from the maple trees on Pine Hill
- Alfred's Farmers Market - Every Sunday, 11am to 3pm, from mid-July to mid-October at the Bandstand
- Bike Hub - Bike rental, storage or repairs.
- Stull Observatory - Alfred University's own observatory.
- Long Distance runs around Alfred - Long distance map
- Climbing Wall at Alfred State - Please contact the Center for Student Involvement if you'd like to organize a group. Reservations for up to 12 people must be made at least 10 days in advance and need to be done through a recognized club/organization at AU. Reservation times are available on Saturdays with start times of 11 AM and 2 PM
- Alfred State Outdoor Recreation Club - Tuesday Night Bike Rides: September 5, 12, 19, and 26. Meet at the gazebo accross from Orvis Gym on Alfred State Campus. Must have your own suspension mt. bike, spare inter tubes, tools, helmet, water bottle. Contact Andy Bayus at 607-587-4329 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
- Friday Night Hikes
Every Friday from September 1st - October 6th we will leave from Powell Campus Center Mailroom Lobby to explore our Pine Hill trail and the Alfred State Hiking trails.
- Horse to Harvest
October 7th, 10am. This is a 7 mile hike from Phillips Creek to the AU Equestrian Center with aid stations and a s'more station along the way, and a BBQ at the end. Transportation is provided to and from the starting point at the Phillips Creek. Wear appropriate footwear for hilly and uneven terrain. This is a rain-or-shine event. Cost for pre-registraiton free for students and $10 for community members; day of registration is $5 for students and $15 for community. Registration is open now at http://commerce.cashnet.com/AUPay
October 15th, Various Start Times. Ridgewalk is celebrating its 25th year this year. For more information visit their webpage @ http://ridgewalk.com or Register online @ https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Wellsville/RidgeWalkRun
details of events and registration form.
For the most up to date event information please find WILD on AU Connect
Local Farmers' Markets
Alfred, NY - Village Bandstand
Sundays 11am to 3pm
July to November
Angelica, NY - Park Circle
Saturdays 9am to 11am
June to October
Belmont, NY - Willets Ave.
Thursdays 11am to 5pm
May to October
Wellsville, NY - Jones Memorial Hospital
Thursdays 12pm to 6pm
May to October